Small is Beautiful
— a mixed media art competition —
E.F. Schumacher promoted the need to keep craft, skill and human relationships at the centre for any society’s wellbeing. Valuing human happiness leads to a desire for stewardship of the environment; this is a fundamental part of life.
How would you choose to express what ‘Small is Beautiful’ means for you? Take this opportunity to have your answer displayed with others in this multimedia group show.
Entry costs just £7, for which we’ll provide you with an 8 inch square frame (either 2D or 3D) which must be used to contain your work. Lots of room for your ideas, not much space for them.. Open to all (nationwide).
Enter online below, or download an entry form
Terms and Conditions below.
The winning prize – £50 worth of art supplies from Cowling & Wilcox and ‘Art and Place’ book title by Phaidon worth £50. For both the runner up & Peoples Choice – 10% off vouchers at any Cowling & Wilcox store. Plus a unique discount code to Phaidon’s entire book range awarded to all who enter.
Only 70 spaces available so don’t miss out! Get your entry forms in early to avoid disappointment.
Friday 20 October 2017 · 7–9pm The Art House Café · 10 High Street · Cromer · NR27 9HG
Judges include BBC Radio North Norfolk’s Nick Conrad.
You can collect your frame from the Art House Cafe, or for an additional £5 P&P we will post to you.
Terms and Conditions
Competition Title – SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Work may only be submitted using either format frame which will be provided (8inch square 2D or 3D).
- Artists are not limited to one entry but each entry must be paid for separately and in full.
- If you submit more than one piece, only one can be guaranteed for inclusion in the show.
- All work must be for sale.
- Works sold during the week will be subject to 20% commission, and 35% thereafter if you and the gallery – Art House Café – agree to continue to exhibit the work.
- It is hoped that all exhibitors will attend the Private View on Friday 20th October 2017, 7-9pm.
- All frames must be paid for before receipt of said frames.
- All works – clearly labelled with name, email/telephone, title, medium and price including commission* – must be delivered to either:
- Olivia Mansfield, 4 Melrose Ave, London, SW16 4QU by 5pm on 12/10/2017
- The Art House Café, 10 High Street, Cromer, NR27 9HG by 5pm on 18/10/17
- or posted to: Annie Lloyd, The Turning Point, Sheringwood, Beeston Regis, NR26 8TS
(*commission – if your sale price is listed as £50 you will receive, after 20% commission is deducted, £40. If you want to receive £50 then your sale price should be £62.50).
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or stolen.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Coast Arts relating to any pre or post-winning publicity including social media.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be judged on the afternoon of the Fri 20/10/17 from all entries received by the closing date stated. The Peoples Choice will be judged throughout the week by persons completing best in show voting card and the winner of this category will be announced at the end of the show.
- The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The Promoter is COAST ARTS. In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.